Contact us today!
|Posted by gooddogdc on December 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM|
With the holidays fast approaching, you may still be stuck on what to get for the pet lover in your life. I understand, I am also a last minute gift shopper! Here are my top 5 favorite ideas of things you can get today:
• Donation to a local shelter or rescue – The animal lover in you live with adore this gift! It is perfect for the animal lover who already has a lot of pet stuff. Many shelters even have programs where you can sponsor a specific animal to make it even more personal. Local ideas are www.warl.org or http://support.washhumane.org/site/PageServer.
• Dog training – Okay, so you know I had to throw this one in there ☺! Most people can really use some extra dog training, and if they don’t have any behavior issues it is always fun to teach your dog a few new tricks like play dead and high five! For those who are really committed, we can even teach Fido to fetch the remote or a beer from the fridge! The best part is, you can purchase this right from your computer, just go to http://www.gooddogdc.com/apps/webstore/ and email [email protected] to let us know someone will be contacting us to schedule their sessions. Easy!
• Bully sticks – Can be found at any pet superstore – these are my favorite dog chews. I get the 12” sticks. Warning, they do smell a bit, but it is worth it when your dog takes a nap after working on it for 20 minutes!
• Natural Balance or RedBarn dog food roll – my favorite training treats! Any dog in your life will love these, and pet lovers always need new treats! Some variety of this kind of treat can also be found at any pet superstore.
• Squeaky KONG tennis balls – These are inexpensive, can be found at most pet superstores, come in various sizes, and dogs who like toys usually love them! They also have these on a rope, which my dogs are addicted to! Any dogs who like tug will love the ball on a rope version.